Social Media Marketing Trends for 2015
Nov 26, 2014, by Breanna Jacobs
What will happen with social media marketing in 2015? No one can say for sure, but experts are predicting increased ad buys, increased ad costs, and increasingly personalized ads. Facebook will most likely remain the industry giant, but Instagram and Pinterest will continue to build their presence as companies realize the increased importance of visual branding. Google+ is predicted to become even more irrelevant. Read on to learn more about what’s in store for 2015.
- The Top 7 Social Media Marketing Trends That Will Dominate 2015. Forbes: “Facebook ad pricing and demand will significantly increase. It’s no secret that Facebook post reach is significantly decreasing, and has become a serious problem for business owners who are using the platform for marketing purposes. This steady decline in reach is what has been coined the Filtered Feed Problem. As Facebook continues to limit the number of posts page fans actually see, the demand for promoted posts and ads will continue to increase. And with this increased demand will come increased pricing.”
- Social Media Marketing Trends 2015: Insights & Predictions from 19 Experts. Momentology: “The lines of digital marketing (social vs. content vs. SEO vs. PR, etc.) are going to get blurrier in 2015. Brands actively focused on maximizing returns are going to realize the best social media programs happen in tandem with these other disciplines. Additionally, brands that haven’t figured out visual content are going to be really behind the times. Trends like the growing popularity of Instagram, or the value of paying to boost visual content in Facebook (which by the way, you really should be doing), just show us the growing demand of consumers who want custom imagery. This, in turn, really is leading to a shift of quality vs. quantity.”
- THE SOCIAL-MEDIA ADVERTISING REPORT: Growth Forecasts, Market Trends, And The Rise Of Mobile. Business Insider: “Social-media advertising spend will grow rapidly through 2018. It's up 40% this year and will top $8.5 billion, growing to nearly $14 billion in 2018, a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18%.”
- 10 Marketing Predictions for 2015 [INFOGRAPHIC]. Social Media Today: “Personalized marketing has been very popular this year and will continue to grow in 2015. Personalization will be important as 74% of online consumers say that they get frustrated with websites when content appears that it has nothing to do with their interests. In addition, personalized emails can increase click-through rates by up to 14% and conversion rates by 10%.”
- Facebook to Overtake YouTube: 5 New Research Findings. Social Media Examiner: “According to October 2014’s Shareaholic Social Media Traffic Report, website analytics reveal that social referrals come from Facebook four times more frequently than its nearest competitor, Pinterest...In fact, the difference between Facebook and its competitors is so dramatic that the study’s authors term LinkedIn, Tumblr, StumbleUpon, Reddit and YouTube “forgettable” sources of traffic because they drive less than 1% of traffic to websites COMBINED. So much for those saying that Facebook is sunk without a teen audience.”