Tips for Healthcare Providers to Connect with Patients on Pinterest
Jan 3, 2014, by SMSS
With Pinterest users currently in excess of 70 million people, you can rest assured your patients are active on the image-based social media site. Creating an account on the site is a great way to promote your business and connect with your patients in a more fun, relaxed manner.
Six Ways Healthcare Providers Can Use Pinterest
Pinterest isn’t just for flashy marketing companies and well-known brands ─ Healthcare providers can use it too. Interact with your patients using this image-based social network in the following innovative ways:
- Coaching Tool: If you’re a therapist, use Pinterest to assist in the treatment of patients, by asking them to pin images representing their feelings on a certain subject, describing past events, and depicting goals they’d like to achieve in life.
- Health Tips: Create specific boards filled with pins of helpful tips for your patients. For example, a pediatrician could create a board filled with baby milestones new parents can expect to see each month. Or a podiatrist might have a board with pins of running shoes that provide good arch support.
- Client Photos and Testimonials: Nothing speaks stronger to the benefits of your practice than testimonials from current and past patients. With participants’ full permission, create a board filled with patient pictures and video testimonials highlighting the value gained from treatments you provided.
- Showcase Products: If you’re in charge of the social media for a healthcare manufacturer, use Pinterest to show how patients are using your products and the positive impact they’ve made. Medical giant, Bayer Healthcare, also uses its Pinterest board to help patients improve their overall health, with board such as Interactive Health Quizzes, Health Industry News, and Healthy Christmas.
- Treatment Ideas: Create Pinterest boards to help patients manage their health conditions. For example, a hematologist-oncologist could create a board with treatment ideas and offers of support for people with leukemia.
- Facility Tours: Prior to choosing a hospital or healthcare provider, many people want to see what the facilities are like. Use Pinterest to give prospective patients a tour of your offices, so they can see exactly where they would receiving treatment, to decide if it’s a place where they would feel comfortable.