DAY 1 - PRE-SUMMIT WORKSHOPS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 17TH, 2016
One of the most impressive aspects of your data is the fact that, at its core, it is your most malleable asset. This means that your data can (and should) provide the basis for both your initial social media plan, and the focal point of your ongoing program optimization.
In this session, we will be focusing on the multiple uses of our data, how to leverage findings in order to develop success-oriented plans and campaigns, and how to use data in order to optimize our strategies on an ongoing basis.
By the end of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Source and structure relevant data across multiple sources
- Identify opportunities within data that relate to key program facets
- Leverage data in order to develop and refine elements of a social media plan
- Analyze data on an ongoing basis in order to continually refine a social media program
Want to know how your social media channels are performing? Come to this workshop to find out! We will be conducting a social media audit on screen while participants follow along and audit their company’s own social channels. You’ll leave with a performance score along with clear next steps on how to improve moving forward, as well as an understanding of which social media best practices, tips and tricks make all the difference.
The biggest content marketing challenges brands face are typically targeting content to decision makers and ensuring content is always engaging. These challenges are real yet highly solvable, even for resourced-challenged brands. The answer comes in using dynamic, straight-forward creative techniques to expand the quantity, specificity, and attractiveness of content marketing ideas. Using the techniques shared in this workshop, brands can significantly improve their effectiveness through identifying meaningful content ideas for their audiences and doing so in a more time-efficient manner.
This session, targeted at content creators and those managing content marketing, will highlight 7 lessons and associated techniques for creating fantastic content marketing.
Attendees will learn creative ways to:
- Use an audience persona as the foundation to generate hundreds of content marketing ideas
- Grow your audience by turning ideas into content efficiently and regularly
- Integrate conversion-oriented messages into your regular content stream
- Develop alternative strategies to creating fresh content on an ongoing basis
DAY 1 - GENERAL SUMMIT
As America's Diner, Denny's exists to give guests what they're hungry for, and that extends beyond the restaurant. Denny's has been acknowledged for its social engagement across all channels, including Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. Its "The Grand Slams" digital video series has garnered over 60 million completed views since launch. In this session, Erik Jensen, Senior Director of Brand Engagement at Denny's will share lessons learned from creating such engaging content and how it's impacting the brand's approach to advertising.
When one of the largest audiences for your product or service has never heard of you, and is actually intimidated by the idea of digging into what you offer, you need to get creative: creative about how to reach them, what to say, and how to deliver it in a way that makes them want more, engage with your brand and ultimately become a loyalist.
Andrew will tell the story of realtor.com’s path to engaging with first-time homebuyers through video content that speaks to their fears, strengthens their confidence, and makes them laugh in the process. It’s The Homebuying Process in Plain English With Elizabeth Banks… and it’s the first step in a long-range video strategy for realtor.com.
You’ll walk away with a better understanding of:
- Defining your audience, and crafting content that speaks to them
- Understanding what makes content useful, and sharable
- How your media strategy should define your content creation
- Why differentiated storytelling is the key to standing apart from your competitors
Everyone knows employees are an organization's most valuable asset, but did you know they are also the most credible voices in your organization? Customers trust the opinions of employees far more than advertising. In fact, employee advocates can reach an audience 10 times larger than what your brand is reaching and garner 8 times the engagement of content on branded channels. This means that no matter how often your marketing or PR team is talking about your company, nothing is more effective than the voice of your employees.
During this session, Laura Powers, Director of Global Social Media Marketing at Cisco, will share how Cisco empowered more than 6,000 employees to become social ambassadors and will outline the key ingredients you need to build a successful global advocacy program. You will learn:
- Effective techniques for identifying and recruiting employee advocates
- How to manage and optimize the social engagement of employees
- Methods to mitigate risks while making participation easy and rewarding for employees
Consumers hold the answers to the questions that are plaguing brands these days. Instead of simply guessing what customers want from brands, we have the ability to listen to their preferences, opinions, and trends. Join Lauren Guilbeaux from Brandwatch as she explores how to help brands better understand and engage with their customers using social listening and analytics.
- Traditional marketing methods don’t work anymore
- New ways to understand what consumers want
- The impact of social data on the market research industry, and more!
In recent years, Walmart made a huge commitment to telling its story and rebuilding its reputation — starting with its associates and customers. Under Chad’s leadership, Walmart has taken a more strategic approach to reputational storytelling, rebuilding trust between Walmart and its customers. With a few key audience segments in mind, Chad’s team develops engaging content that brings the stories of Walmart associates and customers to life The results so far includes the Ripple Effect which communicates the details of some landmark wage and benefit upgrades, and the Made By America series, which profiles Walmart’s support of US-made products and businesses. Additionally, the Corporate Communications team recently launched Walmart Today, the company’s corporate publishing beachhead, that taps Walmart’s owned digital channels to deliver big news — ultimately allowing Walmart to own the conversation and communicate directly with consumers.
In this talk, Chad will share a behind-the-scenes look at how him and his team built their storytelling strategy, results they've seen, lessons learned along the way that have helped them plan for the future.
DAY 2 - GENERAL SUMMIT THURSDAY, AUGUST 18TH, 2016
We are swaddled in technology. Wearables allow us to passively compete with friends. The rise of esports engenders a new kind of fandom and camaraderie. Virtual reality removes us from the real world altogether. And the least used app on your phone might be, well, the phone app. The way we socialize is changing, but good marketers will never get left behind.
From Fortune 500 companies to global hub airports, Mary Jo Polidore will discuss the critical role of social media within a global, corporate communications strategy.
Her presentation will focus on:
- Social media as key part of brand and reputation management
- Social media as key element of social business transformation
- Multi-dimensional role for Employees, including engagement and advocacy
- Brand messaging/voice and consistency across channels
Track A: Content Creation, Marketing & Monitoring
Content is the key to tell your story in today's fast moving world. I will explain how I've worked with companies to help "Tell their story" and also used agencies to help fortify companies web presences. I also will go into using analytics to help drive content strategy, even when your creative team is telling you differently.
Track B: Aligning Social Strategy with Business Goals
Content is king, right? In a world where most social networks are requiring brands to invest more and more heavily, the claim is debatable.
So, how do social and digital marketers balance the resources at hand: particularly their budgets and their creative or thought leadership content development? In addition to figuring out where to invest, here’s another question: can paid, owned, earned and shared tactics be friends… instead of competitors?
In this session, we will discuss how content can amplify your social efforts, and vice versa:
- Tactics for using content to drive customers through the buyer’s journey
- Content Marketing & Social for B2B vs B2C, and best asset types for each
- Utilizing content for Paid Social, particularly sequential advertising
With a limited budget and so many new ways to leverage social media, how do you break through the clutter and get your message in front of the people that matter, the people that convert? In this session, we’ll explore a hyper-targeted B2B content strategy that stems from months of social listening, weekly reporting, and loads of testing.
In this session you will learn:
- Techniques to find your target audience
- How to drive results with a scrappy budget
- How to effectively launch an employee advocacy program to drive additional site traffic and awareness
- When to ask for a budget increase based off clear data
Building your brand in social media isn’t only about sharing your story. It’s about sharing the stories and perspectives of your customers, too. In this session, you’ll have the opportunity to hear how Cerner, a $4.4 billion publicly traded healthcare technology company, works together with its clients to share content that is relevant and meaningful to readers. With a specific focus on the company’s corporate blog, you’ll learn how Cerner builds content calendars, promotes content and engages clients to create unique posts that go beyond product promotion.
Key takeaways include:
- How to identify topics that resonate with your audience
- Engaging your customers to create content on your behalf
- Promoting your content with internal audiences to maximize external reach
In today’s digital marketing ecosystem, digital influencers are the new celebrity, and many digital consumers rely on the experiences and insights of their peers to make decisions about brands and products.
From awareness to sales to loyalty, digital marketers see direct results when they engage influencers. To be successful, it takes vision and work to inspire meaningful engagement in ways that people trust and follow your brand.
Social media provides the unique opportunity for everyone to have a voice and an influence on what they like or don’t like––about the products and services they use everyday. So how can you engage these influencers in a way that is authentic and meaningful?
In this session, attendees will learn:
- How to identify and align with the right influencers for your brand
- Why your brand must find and engage influencers authentically
- The 3 key benefits from influencer engagement
Social media’s role as a bridge through the company requires a dedication to and understanding of social media’s shared value; building business through a long-term approach versus a short term approach; a focus on audience priorities, and developing a halo effect over the brand and its efforts. Joy will share her five-step process for creating a single, blended customer experience starting with social.
- A plan for how to structure towards a unified customer experience
- Learn to speak a common language with your partners to create a clearer path forward
- See common measures of success between all the orgs
We will cover best practices for copyrighted images, contract considerations based on the type of platform, and FTC / FDA guidance on disclosures for contests, hashtags, “likes”, etc.
Key takeaways include:
- Understand how to provide disclosures on various social media platforms
- Know when influencers need to disclose their relationship with a brand
- Recognize when the use of a particular image may be problematic
Using paid social media to distribute premium content is a great way to reach new audiences and gain leads, but where do you get the budget for these resources? In this session we’ll talk about how to make a case for paid content by proving its powerful ROI.
Attend this session to learn how to:
- Secure social budget based on business objectives
- Effectively project and measure ROI and set goals for your paid campaign
- Determine spend distribution and what components are necessary to your budget
Is your marketing organization fully equipped to handle the ever-evolving social media landscape? Opportunities for valuable customer interactions are abound if you're able to stay ahead of the curve and react quickly to social trends.
Attend this session to learn:
- New trends within the social space
- What other companies are doing to stay ahead of the curve
- How the social role is changing and gaining influence within organizations
- How to make sure your company keeps up trends to help you succeed