David Sokolow is the co-founder and CEO of WeFind. WeFind builds software to make influencer marketing easier, working with top brands including Marriott and Home Chef. Prior to WeFind, David worked in growth marketing and strategy at Grubhub and Seamless and strategy consulting at Deloitte Consulting. He holds a degree from NYU and spends his free time running, playing piano, doing yoga and eating as much barbecue as possible.
David Sokolow’s Session(s):
10:00 am–1:00 pm — Tuesday, March 19, 2019
In this session, we are going to cover the end-to-end on what it takes to develop an influencer strategy that you can actually execute. We’ll cover things you might expect, like how to set up measurement, to areas you may not expect, like how your team is set up. At the end of the session, you’ll leave with a strategic plan custom to your organization to bring back to your team.
Main topics include:
- Knowing your product: The first step in getting influencer marketing right is understanding your product. What’s the value you provide, how is it purchased today, how do your customers consume content in general and from influencers in this space
- Knowing your goals: The second step is knowing how your organization values success. Are your brand’s goals awareness driven or more direct response related? What promotions are you willing to do and not willing to do? How long is your organization willing to invest in testing a new channel? What gets your CFO excited?
- Knowing your team: The third step is knowing what your team can do and can’t do (and being honest with yourself). How many people do you have fully dedicated to this today in-house? Are you willing to work with an agency and how much are you willing to pay for that? How does that get valued in relation to the rest of your marketing spend?
- Assessing the influencer landscape: We’ll run through the landscape of influencers, what to expect at different levels (micro vs. macro), what to expect on different platforms (both from influencers and user behavior) and give you an opportunity to think through the best platform for your brand
- Measuring, scaling and management: We’ll walk through all tactics for measurement ranging from awareness to direct response, how to think about metrics for your brand, and how to leverage content on different channels (and develop custom strategies for your brand)
We’ll review case studies of top brands in all of these areas to give you ideas on how you can make it work with your brand.
Who is this for? This session is for CMOs, social media managers and influencer managers who are looking to build out their influencer programs.