Austin McDaniel’s Sessions
8:30 a.m.–9:15 a.m. Pacific — Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Coming up with fresh content ideas regularly can be a huge challenge for social media managers. This panel will share their processes for keeping content relevant and interesting without draining their resources.
Discussion topics include:
- How to change up outdated posts for new and fresh ones
- Getting both sworn and professional staff to weigh in on content ideas (when you don’t have a social media team)
- What to do if gathering content and information is difficult (because of limited infrastructure or large coverage areas)
- How to make boring topics more interesting
- Creating topics in bunches to save for days you aren’t feeling inspired
- Approaching new marketing channels and fresh content that’s needed for them
12:30 p.m.–1:15 p.m. Pacific — Thursday, April 13, 2023
First responder agencies nationwide are facing a recruitment crisis, with qualified applicants harder to find and hire for these critical positions. According to the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), 78% of law enforcement agencies reported having difficulty recruiting qualified candidates in a recent study. Learn how the Alaska State Troopers use organic and paid social media to attract top-quality law enforcement applicants across Alaska and the country.
Alaska State Troopers Communications Director Austin McDaniel will give an overview of creative ways to work recruiting messaging into everyday social media content, unique recruitment and hiring process content ideas, and discuss the paid social media advertising that the Alaska State Troopers use to lure quality State Troopers to The Last Frontier.