Looking forward to this session? Share it!
Social media provides an important opportunity for public safety professionals to play a leading role in setting their agency’s narrative online. With news and information spreading quickly, it’s important to have the tools and systems in place to lead your communications efforts with the public.
This panel will cover topics including:
- How investing in internal comms helps manage the external message and limits misinformation
- Silence is damaging. Why it's important to speak up, and how you can keep your agency’s voice in the conversation during an active investigation or controversial situation
- Strategies to increase the chances of media picking up your message
- How to identify the best and most effective brand ambassador for each issue, incident, or topic
- What it means to break your own news, and how this can help you drive your own narrative