Becca Fabbri is a digital strategist for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Pacific Southwest Region's external affairs office based in Sacramento, California. Hailing from the Bay Area, Becca has a background in the entertainment industry, as well as degrees in communication and wildlife conservation biology from the University of California, Davis. She loves finding unique ways to engage with social media communities that amplify the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's mission.
Rebecca Fabbri’s Session(s):
10:30 a.m.–11:15 a.m. Pacific Time —
The USFWS team will share their strategies for creating social media content in this session.
- The importance of evergreen web content and using social to inform web strategy
- Leveraging various platform features, knowing when to use each for different announcements, and customizing for different audiences
- Creating "news" specific channels/audiences (for example, the USFWS News Twitter)
- The importance of compelling visuals for the public and reporters to use in communicating about a topic
- Accessibility best practices like captions, tagging locations, and audio descriptions
- Using humor when appropriate
- Maintaining accuracy and credibility above all - especially as a science agency
- Customer service, customer care, and the importance of two-way dialogue
- Leveraging trends and pop-culture references as appropriate