Liz Harter is passionate about social media and helping brands project their best selves on new media platforms. With a background in journalism and public relations, she is, at heart, a storyteller - though the stories are often told in 280-characters or less now. For the past five years, Liz Harter has served as the Social Media Manager for the University of Notre Dame. In that role she is the voice behind the highest level accounts on the academic side of campus. She also consults on social media strategy with others both on campus and off.
Liz Harter’s Session(s):
12:10 pm–12:55 pm — Wednesday, October 16, 2019
This panel will share insights and case studies on topics including:
- Stories vs. Feed: What's the difference? How to use 15-second snippets to reach institutional goals
- Instagram and Facebook Live: Everyone wants to do it, but when is the right time and how do you measure success? Is promotion beforehand or post-event key? How do we get butts in seats AND promote live coverage without clashing?
- How to seek out student/alumni stories on social media for future social media and digital marketing content
- How do you translate long-form written content into ephemeral content on Instagram or Snapchat?
- What topics translate to different audiences? What makes content worthy of a Story?
- Making the first few seconds count - what gets people to click back to view the content a second time?
- What tone of voice should you shoot for with Stories?
- How to use analytics to justify your case to leverage stories for your organizations’ content