Kelly Bennett scored her dream job right out of college when she accepted a position to launch the social media strategy at her alma mater. Building Miami University’s social media from the ground up, she has found great success by staying on top of trends in an ever-changing digital world.
Miami University’s social media presence has been recognized by multiple organizations including Huffington Post and Mashable and Kelly has spoken at numerous national conferences as a thought leader in higher education.
Kelly is an Ohio native who holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and Marketing and a Graduate Certificate in Interactive Media Studies from Miami University.
Kelly Bennett’s Session(s):
10:00 am–1:00 pm — Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Who is this social training for? Crises occur on every college campus. Being prepared and having a plan in place can help avoid a PR nightmare, and in some cases, can help you catch an issue before it becomes a full-blown crisis. Social media managers and those involved with their brand’s crisis communications strategy will walk away with the tactical elements needed to develop or enhance their organization’s social media crisis communications strategy.
Topics covered include:
1. Crisis strategy
- Developing an organizational command structure/who to have on your social “team"
- What protocols to have in place
- Collaborating with other teams: web, media, administration, creative, etc.
2. Real-world campus crisis examples: national, smaller-scale and the unthinkable
- How to navigate your way through these
3. How to develop a listening strategy
- Developing a listening strategy
- The value of listening tools
- How to determine the best listening tool (paid and free)
4. Interactive session
11:50 am–12:30 pm — Thursday, October 17, 2019