Ali Yares has been working in education and non-profits for the last 15 years. At the Kogod School of Business, she manages digital marketing strategy, analytics, and oversees project management. She holds a doctorate in communication design from the University of Baltimore and teaches online students in web design at the University of Maryland, University College.
Ali Yares’s Session(s):
2:00 pm–2:45 pm — Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Panelists will discuss topics including:
- How to create super engaging ads
- How to generate a higher Return On Investment (ROI) with your facebook ad campaigns
- How important is a landing page to your campaign
- What tools to use to increase conversions on your ads and landing pages?
- Campaign launch and testing framework for Facebook and Instagram Advertising.
- How Facebook and Google punish Higher Ed Institutions when they send traffic to their website and course pages
- How to utilize Facebook's pixel to get the best results
1:30 pm–2:10 pm — Thursday, October 17, 2019
This panel will explore different career paths that higher education professionals have followed, both into and beyond their first role as a social media manager. As a relatively new field, you'll hear from professionals at different points in their career about their paths and their hopes for the future. Discussion topics include:
- What do your current responsibilities entail, and how did you transition into that role?
- What do you think is the most important thing you do every day?
- What gets you out of bed every morning? What is it that inspires you about your current job?
- How do you think your current role prepares you for professional growth?
- What piece of professional development advice would you give to someone interested in working in social media?