Jamila Walker is a digital, public relations and marketing strategist with over ten years of experience in helping nonprofit organizations, performance venues, and higher education institutions communicate with and engage their audiences. She currently serves as the University Social Media Manager at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia. Jamila leads the institution’s social media program and works with different colleges, departments, faculty, and students to identify the most effective way to disseminate key messages across digital platforms and tracks the success of those messages across multiple channels.
Jamila Walker’s Session(s):
12:10 pm–12:55 pm — Wednesday, October 16, 2019
This panel will share insights and case studies on topics including:
- Stories vs. Feed: What's the difference? How to use 15-second snippets to reach institutional goals
- Instagram and Facebook Live: Everyone wants to do it, but when is the right time and how do you measure success? Is promotion beforehand or post-event key? How do we get butts in seats AND promote live coverage without clashing?
- How to seek out student/alumni stories on social media for future social media and digital marketing content
- How do you translate long-form written content into ephemeral content on Instagram or Snapchat?
- What topics translate to different audiences? What makes content worthy of a Story?
- Making the first few seconds count - what gets people to click back to view the content a second time?
- What tone of voice should you shoot for with Stories?
- How to use analytics to justify your case to leverage stories for your organizations’ content