Looking forward to this session? Share it!
Having a clearly identified brand voice and personality across your social channels is one of the most important components of your social strategy. How do you leverage what you know about your audience to define a presence that will resonate with and engage them?
This panel will dive into examples and insights around discussion topics including:
- Describing the difference between voice and tone, and the role your institutional voice should play in your social media strategy
- The process of developing your institution's voice on social
- No campus? No football? Don’t force it. What makes YOUR audience feel proud/nostalgic/connected/emotional, and how do you harness that? Hint: the “cheerleader” persona doesn’t work for everyone.
- How informal is too informal? Which emoji are safe? Finding the “fun, well-read party guest” persona, somewhere between stuffy press releases and (embarrassing) impersonations of your students
- If you can make it here… Notes on taking tone/style inspiration from your location(s)
- Building guidelines for your institution or department's social media
- Trying to be trendy. When to utilize trending topics, plus examples of good and bad uses of trending topics