Alexa Block’s Sessions
8:45 a.m.–9:45 a.m. PT — Monday, October 21, 2024
Speaker-Led Roundtable Discussion
8:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m. PT — Wednesday, October 23, 2024
Section 1: The Student Recruiting Arc: Finding Collaborators to Amplify Your Mission with Kellen Manning
Finding students and building relationships to set the table for potential collaborations is a core tenet of our overall social strategy at Penn State. Meeting with up to five students a week has created an environment where students from across the University are free to present themselves and their communities in authentic ways that spotlight what makes our university unique and stay in line with our mission, values, and goals. In order to do this, we utilize every tool that our platforms provide to create a never-ending supply of potential collaborators. In this section, we will explore our methods and processes for creating a robust student collaboration program.
What you’ll learn:
- Finding and reaching out to students from across the university using the tools platforms provide
- Building relationships that lead to unique content that showcases a thriving, diverse community while remaining in line with our University mission
- Utilizing the students' strengths and past work to get the most out of the collaboration
- Strategies on how to get students to participate, whether it be one-off posts or long-term paid roles
Section 2: Setting Student Content Creators Up for Success with Alexa Block
Students play a pivotal role in digital content creation for higher education institutions. This section will explore ways to leverage the experiences, skills, and perspectives of students to create meaningful social media content that will be authentic to the student experience and uphold the institution’s values and mission.
What you’ll learn:
- How to create a structure for students to work within for content creation that aligns with institutional goals, including setting expectations, resource management, and how to conduct brainstorming sessions and select assignments for students
- What things to think about when sending students out to create content on behalf of the institution
- How to create documents to help guide students, such as “best practices for creating social videos” and “social media content creation policy”
Section 3: Expanding the Influence and Scope of your Student Team with Stephanie Ramirez
Section 3 details coming soon!