Webb Lewis has been with the University of Mississippi for nine years and currently serves as the Digital Content Specialist for University Marketing and Communications. In addition to developing and curating the social media content calendar, Webb also is responsible for carrying out the university's strategy across all social channels, monitoring engagement and acting as the liaison between his shop and social media coordinators across campus. Webb holds a Bachelor's in General Studies and a Master’s in Higher Education both from the University of Mississippi.
Webb Lewis’s Session(s):
9:15 a.m.–9:45 a.m. Pacific Time —
Join one of our small-group video roundtable discussions to share new ideas with your peers. Speakers will lead these discussions. There will also be open networking tables to meet and greet other attendees.
Confirmed discussion tables:
- Getting started with Snap Ads, led by Webb Lewis with the University of Mississippi
- User-Friendly Apps and Tools for Video Content, led by Sabiha Afrin, American University School of Public Affairs
- How to Take a Customer Service Approach to Social Media, led by Laurie Roberts, Johnson & Wales University
- How to Plan Content: Creative Idea Generation, Scheduling Ahead, Impromptu Content, and Content in a Crisis, led by Deanna Stevens, Kent State University
- How to Identify Internal Advocates/Influencers at Your Institution with Jadis Tillery, ikwe
Creating authentic content is paramount when trying to make an impact with both current and prospective students. How do we keep our content fresh and engaging without coming across as disingenuous, scripted junk? We use the one tool that every college campus has: the students.
The University of Mississippi has been using a “boots on the ground” model to leverage Instagram Stories to show off the campus personality to reach these key audiences. During this three-year stretch, they have seen their followers increase by nearly 60%, and engagement numbers climbing with no signs of slowing down.
Participants will look at the playbook that made this possible and learn ways to implement the same strategies on their own campus.