Day 1 — Social Media Strategies Summit
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
All agenda times are listed and will be presented in Pacific Daylight Time
9:00 am–9:10 am PDT
9:10 am–9:50 am PDT
A distinctive story helps define and successfully communicate unique personal and business attributes. Storytelling has become a powerful business tool in today’s digital age because it begins and ends with empathy, driving an immersive and emotional experience for stakeholders and audiences that inspires them to action. In this dynamic and interactive session, Miri will share practical tools to help you become a skilled storyteller in a looming robopocalypse so that you can successfully keep relevant in the marketplace, drive engaging relationships and win in business and in life.
- What is storytelling…and what is not
- Ways to tell a story
- Crafting your story with empathy and Design Thinking Principles
10:00 am–10:45 am PDT
This panel will discuss best practices and case studies on topics including:
- Creative processes for content focused on relationship-building
- How to recognize and honor highly engaged audiences
- Opportunities for content to play a huge role in brand trust and loyalty
- Most valuable data metrics for getting a sense of which content is resonating best with your audience (and what to do with those metrics!)
- Recapturing unengaged followers who may have stopped seeing you in their newsfeed
- Organic strategies for capturing new followers vs maintaining relationships with longstanding followers
10:45 am–11:00 am PDT
11:00 am–11:40 am PDT
Brands can often leave social at the bottom of the priority ladder - creating social content as an afterthought, rather than a core tenet of marketing strategy. In her talk, Liz will focus on ideas for keeping a robust content funnel full as a small brand with limited time, money, and design/photo resources to dedicate to keeping social fresh.
Liz will share the (free!) content calendar system she uses, tips for taking and editing photos on your phone without a photography background, and ways to create graphics without any design software. I’ll also dive into content ideas and categories that any small business can pull.
- How to do photoshoots in your office in 2 hours for $50
- How to design graphics you would post without Adobe Creative Suite or a design background
- How to build a content calendar through content category types so you know in advance what you’ll post and how you’ll source the content
- How to report on social media impact for executives
11:40 am–12:20 pm PDT
Overwhelmed with the complexity of strategic content production and management? 72% of your peers are too, according to research from the Content Marketing Institute. Let’s talk about how you can get creative with your content strategy and development, and invest your limited time and resources in the things that matter most.
In this session, you’ll learn how to:
- Drive more traffic and conversions on the content you already have
- Prioritize content creation efforts to drive results
- Create cross-channel, multi-format content more efficiently using structured content
12:20 pm–1:00 pm PDT
As content marketing grows in marketer popularity, so do consumers’ expectations for the value that it drives in their lives. Through our research and experience, we’ve found that projects borne from a commitment to audience service tend to develop stronger audience relationships and bring more value back to the organizations that fund them.
Simply put, marketers who invest in editorial programs focused on serving the communities they sell to build trust, relevance and relationships which drive value back to the brand. In this session, we’ll show the attendees how to get started.
Attendees will learn:
- How to find a unique opportunity to serve your audience
- How to package your expertise into signature content franchises
- How to distribute your content for maximum impact for your audience and brand
1:00 pm–1:45 pm PDT
As social media professionals our work sits at the intersection of the culture and technology; the nexus of trends and innovation, where the next big thing is always just about to happen. Strategy, content production, and communication will experience an incredible change in the next several years, as social media continuously expands to include new technologies, platforms, and business models. How will this happen, and how can we make use of these insights in our day to day work?
In the third installment of this annual keynote, Ian explores the near and distant future of social media, communications technology and their impact on culture and commerce.
- How surprising applications of artificial intelligence will change both what we see and what we create for the social feed
- How new tools will drive a surge in Immersive content
- Understand the coming revolution in social networking that will change the face of social platforms for decades to come
- Which skills will drive successful consumer engagement in the next 2-5 years and exactly how to build them - including resources you can use today.
1:45 pm – 2:00 pm PDT
Day 2 — Social Media Strategies Summit
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
9:00 am–9:10 am PDT
9:10 a.m–9:50 am PDT
Influencer marketing has been widely debated - one week it’s dying a slow death, the next, it’s the answer to every marketer’s problems. The fact is, it’s here to stay. Consumers are particular about how they let in advertising into their daily lives, and influencer marketing is widely accepted. On most social media platforms, influencers are known for producing visual eye candy, but on Twitter, they’re recognized for their voice. This key difference creates an opportunity to more authentically deliver a message on behalf of a brand.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- How top brands are partnering with influencers on Twitter to stand out in unexpected ways
- The simple, creative principles that will help you drive conversation
10:00 a.m–10:45 am PDT
Social media success depends not just on great social media strategy and execution, but on adapting your entire organization to be able to take advantage of new opportunities in technology and communications. That was true before COVID-19, but now the ability to change quickly will be the difference between survival and irrelevance. Digital transformation is a team sport, and everyone needs to be in the game. Using case studies from his career in strategy and innovation consulting -- and especially examples from his experience running successful digital teams at the highest levels -- Caleb Gardner will talk about how to make change a core competency, so you're prepared not just for this crisis but for the next one.
10:45 am–11:00 am PDT
11:00 am–12:00 pm PDT
Today we are being challenged to communicate flawlessly and with agility…and often on the same topic over and over again. How can you bring a fresh perspective to your company’s communications and in a way that will engage the reader? And how can you change your own way of thinking in order to discover new approaches and angles?
Find out here.
These improvisational-based exercises will help you break through writing blahs…and everyone’s expectations. Whether it’s a press release, post, or PowerPoint, this is where the magic starts.
- The tenets of improv—stagecraft exercises to help you write better
- How to use the power of “Yes, and…” to push your writing and audiences to new heights
- How to kill your inner editor and get away with it
- Savvy methods to manipulate your “same-old” writing style
- How to inspire your own creative thinking using successful examples and exercises
12:00 pm–12:40 pm PDT
Think of TikTok as one BIG video meme platform, with over 800 million active monthly users. While studying it and leveraging it for brands, I've uncovered some interesting strategies that are completely different from traditional social platforms. Some of these posts get millions of views and likes...yet brands aren't engaging or working with these self-made influencers...a missed opportunity?
During this talk, you will walk away with knowledge about:
- What TikTok is and why marketers should care
- Micro-influencer examples and how/when brands should engage
- What brands are integrating TikTok into their strategy
- Dissecting a viral case study that is SAVING LIVES
- A realistic approach to social listening, data, and analytics within the platform
12:40 pm–1:20 pm PDT
Are you continuing to see declining reach and engagement across Facebook and Instagram? While everyone says businesses must adopt a "pay to play" strategy, not all businesses have an infinite ad budget. What if there was highly engaging content about your business flowing across social media that was trustworthy and all appearing organically? That would be awesome, right? After this inspiring, example-filled, presentation from Tyler Anderson, you'll leave with a step-by-step checklist to get your customers and brand advocates to create endless amounts of content about your product or service. You'll discover why content created by your customers is so impactful, how to get your customers to create content that influences purchasing decisions, how to leverage user-generated content to fuel your marketing, and much more.
1:20 pm – 1:30 pm PDT
Day 3 — Influencer Marketing Strategies Summit
Thursday, June 11, 2020
All agenda times are listed and will be presented in Pacific Daylight Time
9:10 am–9:50 am PDT
Not long ago, influencer marketing was a trend. Every year-end report marketers could get their hands on invariably had a chapter in the lines of “The Rise of Influencers” or “Why Influencers Are Here to Stay.” This made sense in the past because this marketing tactic – powered by social media – began in the mid-2000s and was considered an emerging solution that lived under content creation, community management, or paid media.
Today, influencer marketing is a critical part of the marketing mix. In fact, it’s expected to grow to a $15 billion industry by 2022, up from $8 billion in 2019, according to Business Insider Intelligence estimates.
Our Top 10 Trends Influencing 2020 is a manifestation of where we see the Influencer space going and how marketers can really make an impact. Fake followers, vanity metrics and overly polished content are some of the challenges brands have faced when partnering with influencers. To build trust is increasingly difficult for brands amid an ever-so pervasive and disruptive landscape, where the digital medium itself is challenged on many fronts. But, in the face of disruption also lie great opportunities for businesses who are looking to earn trust and authentically engage with their audiences.
- How Whole Earth is moving away from Transactional Relationships and building Long Term Influencer Partners
- How Authenticity and Transparency help build trust – Let’s Keep it Real!
- Think Small: Micro + Nano Influencers can make a big impact
- The importance of paid media in support of your Influencer Strategy
- The impact of COVID-19 on this evolving landscape
10:45 am–11:00 am PDT
11:40 am–12:20 pm PDT
- Learn how to bring the Made to Stick framework into your campaigns
- Get inspiration from a simple CPG brand that has made big waves
- Learn the value of leveraging influencer generated content far beyond organic social
12:20 pm–1:00 pm PDT
Brand Case Study
Influencer marketing has exploded in recent years and it is no secret why. Brands have realized the value of influencer partnerships and are dedicating a sizable portion of their marketing budgets to content creators that align well with the brand and their target market. Creators can leverage their skills, expertise and social presence to monetize their influence, while brands are able to reach new and key audiences in unique ways.
Join Abrams Artists Agency agent Jade Sherman, creator and influencer Andrew East, and Home Chef influencer marketer Lauren Hurt as they demonstrate what a successful partnership looks like. Learn how to employ specific strategies that are mutually beneficial and result in a win-win situation for both the creator and the brand.
- The agent’s vital role in identifying Home Chef as the right match for creator Andrew East.
- The value of trust that companies have in the creators they choose to represent their brand
- Understand the main goals of each party, how they differ from one another, and how to approach them
- Integrate in different ways that go beyond social media platforms and have potential crossover
1:00 pm–1:45 pm PDT
How many people would you expect to watch a two-minute video about an academic medical center? UK HealthCare, the health system of the University of Kentucky, wanted its brand story to ignite its social media audience like never before. It needed influential people in the area and its own employees to amplify the power of the story and connect the brand to the audiences it serves. UK HealthCare’s Geoffrey Blair and Cornett’s Jason Falls will explain how harnessing micro-influencers and a hunch about the Facebook algorithm drove more than a million views from a community of about 300,000.
- Learn what strategic decisions go into high-level creative to engage multiple audiences
- Discover how to mix macro and micro-influencers into a cohesive execution to support creative campaigns
- See how simple asks of multiple influencers can drive additional content to sustain a campaign beyond launch
2:00 pm PDT
Day 4 — Influencer Marketing Strategy Summit
Friday, June 12, 2020
9:10 am–9:50 am PDT
More than 90% of Millennials are active users on social media with an estimated buying power of $65 billion (Nielsen) and GenZ has eclipsed this with an estimated $100 billion buying power. There is a lot of chatter about emerging social media channels and where brands and curators should make their investments in 2020 and beyond to tap into these key audiences that have a tremendous impact on the future of our economy. With an increased focus on community, privacy, snackable and video content and authentic experiences, hear how brands and creators are thinking outside the box to get the most impact.
10:00 am–10:45 am PDT
Get the latest advice on creating and executing a best-in-class influencer marketing campaign strategy, from first steps to tips for long-lasting success. In this panel, brands and agencies will learn the importance of a great content angle and providing the right kind of influencer direction that still leaves room for personal style and creativity. With examples of how best to integrate influencer marketing into an overall brand plan and takeaways for designing a campaign brief and prioritizing QA, influencer experts and amateurs alike will learn valuable skills for bringing their next campaign to life.
10:45 am–11:30 am PDT
In this session, you will learn how to measure the true value of your influencer marketing campaigns and then scale them impactfully. With more than 10 years of experience working with brands in the space, The Outloud Group has been able to determine the key obstacles that keep brands from success with influencers: traditional attribution models, and measurement. Using examples of successful and impactful campaigns The Outloud Group ran with brands including Grubhub, Wix, and SimpliSafe, the agency will guide you through a new model that will revolutionize your marketing mix, and reveal value that you can confidently measure and adjust for. Every brand deserves to understand its potential to scale, and this session will give you the tools to do so immediately.
Key takeaways include:
- The major barriers to influencer marketing and best practices for influencer success
- How to effectively measure your influencer marketing efforts across all channels
- Predictions for the future of influencer measurement
11:40 am–12:20 pm PDT
Live streaming participation has skyrocketed within the last year, with Facebook & Instagram Live up 50 percent, Twitch 87 percent, and YouTube Live 90 percent. We’ve seen gaming lead the charge in the live streaming space; with gamers regularly streaming for up to six hours at a time, they’ve grown some of the most engaged online fanbases in existence --and brands are starting to take notice.
The top live stream gamers have become even more valuable than traditional YouTube or social media influencers. Twitch competitors like Mixer, YouTube Gaming, and Facebook Gaming are gaining market share by bringing influencers to their platforms. But even beyond gaming, live streaming has spilled over into other categories including music and cooking platforms, which opens up live streaming to even more audiences with unique passions, creating whitespaces for marketers and brands.
Hear from Brendan Gahan, Partner & Chief Social Officer at Mekanism; and Phil Ranta, Head of Gaming Creators, North America at Facebook, on how brands can leverage the growing focus on streaming as part of their larger social strategies, and why they’ll need to lean into fear for the largest ROI.
- Learn about the latest live streaming platforms and how to be on the forefront of emerging trends
- How fear and taking a big risk on an emerging platform can reap bigger rewards for brands
- Why live stream gaming can be even more valuable than traditional influencer campaigns
12:20 pm–12:30 pm PDT
12:30 pm PDT
You have unlimited access to these talks — watch when and where you want!
In 2020, everyone has become a video creator, even if they aren’t aware of it. Now is the time to level up your video skills and Joe will show you that it’s never been easier or more affordable to produce quality video from your own home.
Learn top tips from YouTubers & Twitch Streamers on how to transition your home office into a broadcast studio. In this 1 hour micro-workshop, you’ll learn basic lighting and audio techniques, how to frame & improve image quality & practical Zoom techniques & tools that will take the boring from any online meeting or webinar.
- Transform your home office into a DIY broadcast studio
- Simple lighting an audio secrets from Youtube vloggers & Twitch streamers.
- Tools & tricks to make Zoom meetings engaging & un-boring.
In the buzzing world of Influencer Marketing, it’s easy to overlook the obvious Influencers, your very own employees. In this workshop, we will cover the newest scope of Influencer Development, how to empower your advocates and convert them to influencers. We will work on a methodology called “Social Teaming” to get employees selected, onboard and working on together on behalf of the brand. We will cover how to connect your inside influencers with external influencers to increase engagement in a whole new way. There will be several case studies also presented, and you will have access to sample employee training materials, content maps, content calendars and other tools used to roll this out for your organization.
Join Dean DeLisle, creator of Social Jack Business Influencer Development Platform, as he shares his team’s system for managing the whole 8 step process, from start to finish, and new ways to look at this rapidly growing strategy to drive your brand to the next level, from the inside out.
Ashley will review how to use community management to maximize your budget across paid and organic social media with a focus on Facebook & Instagram.
In this hands-on workshop, attendees will leave with a deep understanding of:
- Community management best practices that translate across platforms
- Why conversation is important and how to control it
- What to look for when evaluating tools
- Effective strategies for measurement
Who is this training for? Beginner/intermediate Facebook advertisers, community managers, or anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of social communities.
Not only is the world of Influencer Marketing evolving, it is changing faster than ever before. With an abundance of Influencers eager to work with top brands, it is critical for marketers to be able to generate gripping campaign concepts to meet brand objectives.
In this presentation, attendees will discover three best-in-class tips for campaign ideation and collaboration along with an uncanny insight into the process of ideation from Influencers and Marketers alike.
Attendees will learn what concepts influencers respond to most effectively and how to secure the most earned media value from Influencer collaborations.
This presentation will give marketers the tools that they need to create and execute Influencer Marketing programs from brand objectives, creative brief formation, and ultimately influencer seeding and execution.
- Generate effective influencer campaign concepts that match brand priorities
- Be able to create an influencer persona for the brand activation that rivals the internal target audience
- Realize that prescriptive direction will not deliver ideal results — and what to do instead
On-Demand Case Studies and Sessions
With the arrival of 2020 and the new decade, it is safe to say that we have officially entered “The New Age”. Technology is no longer just sitting on the sidelines available to us for when we need it. Emerging technologies like AI and Voice are rapidly changing the technological landscape as we know it and have embedded themselves in our day-to-day lives in ways that we may not event realize solving hidden problems for us right under our noses.
Voice has been the fastest most widely adopted technology in the history of humanity. The 2010’s saw the rise of voice assistant technologies like Siri, Alexa, Google Assistant, and Bixby housed in smart speakers that made it possible for people to accomplish a simple task in a matter of seconds. In 2020 Voice is poised to break out of just smart speakers and start becoming ubiquitous across billions of devices. As a marketer, it is crucial that you begin to develop a strategy to remain competitive and engage your audience in this new channel.
In this thought-provoking and strategy fueled session you will:
- Learn about the fundamentals of Voice, how it works, and why it matters
- Understand the basics of voice search and how you can begin optimizing your content and strategy to own Voice search for your brand in your industry
The majority of organizations have learned and embraced the power of social media, but few have figured out how to harness their greatest asset - their employees. In B2B organizations, it's crucial for your employees to build relationships and establish their expertise. Social media is a powerful tool that can be used to reach those goals, but how do you equip and motivate your employees?
Join this session to learn how to:
- Eliminate fear and other obstacles preventing employees from using social
- Gain executive buy-in
- Equip and train employees on social media best practices
- Create a culture of social selling and employee advocacy
B2B doesn’t have to be boring. Despite what we might think (and sometimes see), it’s critical for B2B brands to captivate their audiences, connect on a personal level, and create personality and distinction so they can be memorable and engaging. But what does it take to do that, exactly?
Seasoned marketing exec Amber Naslund of LinkedIn will break down the essentials of breakthrough B2B content including:
- Why brand awareness is still critical, and how to incorporate it
- The importance of creating whitespace and content pillars
- The creative tips and tricks that can give your content an edge
How do you build and run a successful B2B community? It's often daunting to start one, whether you aim to have 100 members or 100,000. Learn about the different platforms you can use, including the advantages and pitfalls of each one. Get perspectives from several people who built their own - and perspectives on why some have struggled. Explore different monetization models spanning free and paid communities. Find out what approaches are most effective in driving growth and engagement so you can build a community that thrives and lasts.
Did you know that 80% of your internet traffic isn’t being tracked?
There's been a shift in how we as consumers are showing up online. We want community on their own terms.
In 2019, experts like Mark Zuckerburg & Gary Vaynerchuk believed the future of social to be moving towards private, and with an 80% link to brand conversations happening in private forums, this isn’t a trend that shows signs of slowing down. As brands, many are already seeing the impact!
With organic engagement reaching a low .09% average in 2019, how can one ensure their message is being seen, but more importantly, heard, using digital media without the constant pay-to-play model?
In an age of digital content saturation, we're finding ourselves pushing to move our brands to the top of a sea of samesies.
Dark Social can be used for good to capture attention, amplify our message, and keep our audience coming back for more. Your brand can become a destination that attracts the right leads to your message without the constant need to spend more money on ads.
In this fast-paced, example-filled session we’ll learn:
- How to get invited to the Dark Social conversations
- Best practices to turn your followers into true fans, your clients into advocates, and your community into collaborators without an ad budget.
- The art of capturing attention organically and the flywheel formula and tools it takes to keep it
- How to activate conversation so your message is the "stand out" brand amongst the sea of samesies
In the United States, the Federal Trade Commission enforces advertising disclosures and they've made it clear for years now that influencer marketing falls within their purview. Both brands and influencers have come under their scrutiny. After this session, brand, influencers and their agencies will have clear steps to take to stay compliant with the FTC guidelines. You'll know the importance of phrases such as "meaningful connection" and "clear and conspicuous" and why leaning into them will not hurt the performance of your content.
In a paid era of social media, many advertisers are positioning huge budgets into ads. From brand awareness to clicks to conversions, the advancement of our industry has blown up faster than we can blink. With that, sometimes advertisers are losing the social media flair in favor of bigger productions. But what if we combined hard advertising with classic social media experiences?
This presentation is designed to teach users how to drive a narrative to their audience through classic storytelling methods reimagined for a social media landscape. I want you to not only learn how to gain an interested party, but how to engage them over a personalized journey on your page.
In this session, you'll learn:
- How a well-written copy and creative can create long-form conversions.
- Explaining how a complete story can be told on social media in less than five seconds.
- Using storytelling methods that keep a user intrigued during the paid social media revolution.
- How to minimize your costs when building a successful plan and why it matters.
Fraud in B2B and B2C influencer marketing is a well-known problem. Fortunately, there are - tools to help you detect fake followers on social media, but how do you ultimately decide who are the relevant influencers for your campaigns? And more importantly, do those influencers have the audience you are trying to reach and influence?
We have all heard about the fake follower farms and gamified influence which makes it seem overwhelming and even futile, but in this session, Amisha and Tom will guide you through the process to analyze and discover the “real” influencers for your brand.
What you’ll walk away with:
- Tips and tools you can use to detect fake social followers and engagement.
- A proven method for sussing out who’s got influence and who doesn’t.
- How to analyze an influencer’s audience interactions and detect fraudulent activity.
Online advertising is incomplete without tapping into the second largest search engine that boasts 2+ billion monthly active users. In the last few years, YouTube has evolved from a “should-probably-be-there” channel to a “need-to-be-there” channel that advertisers can't ignore. Tom Leonard, 3Q Digital’s Director of Video Strategy, will explain what you need to know about getting started on and getting the most out of YouTube advertising. He’ll cover creative best practices, the newest YouTube features, and how to analyze the right metrics. This session will help participants plan, launch, optimize, and evaluate campaigns, all while using case studies to bring everything to life.
In today’s fast-paced social media landscape reaching your audience at the right time with the right message is both a science and an art. Brands have a wealth of tools and resources available at no additional cost that can help with appropriate audience segmentation across all social platforms.
This session will explore an audience-first action plan for social media: how to best look at your audience, where to find them, and how to segment them. Attendees will be given a high-level overview of how to leverage the audience tools available on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, and how to get started with an audience map.
Attendees will walk away with:
- A thoughtful process for determining the best social audience segmentation for their brand on social.
- Insights into audiences: How specific is too specific? How brands can broadly target specific audiences. How to measure the effectiveness of segmentation.
- Guidance on how paid and organic social work together to keep audiences engaged.
Keeping up and developing posts and ads constantly is not an easy task, but necessary for any successful social media community. Blending art and science, Scott Emalfarb is going to break down how to keep your social media content fresh and more importantly engaging. After this session, attendees will take away a better understanding of how to create fresh content that is socially relevant and how to measure that content to understand the performance around a content strategy.