David Tytell has a proven track record for building, managing, and monetizing websites. He currently leads the communications team for MIT’s on-campus clinic and the university’s self-funded health insurance plan. His group is responsible for public health communication across the MIT campus, as well as all internal communications for MIT Medical. A former astronomer, Tytell brings his strong science background and science journalism experience to healthcare and higher education communication. Tytell has spent his career in print and web publishing, and has worked at both Sky & Telescope magazine and America’s Test Kitchen.
David Tytell’s Session(s):
10:00 am–10:45 am — Thursday, October 11, 2018
Panelists will share insights on:
- Your best free design tools in place of in-house designers
- Leverage the free, on-campus tools at your disposal and combine digital campaigns with old-fashioned techniques to maximize success
- Using technology and community management software to maximize the productivity of your small team
- Tips for cross-collaboration with key university communicators and campus partners
- How to leverage and crowdsource student-generated content to manage social accounts
- How to use your data to maximize your limited time and budget and avoid costly mistakes in the future
Case studies include:
- Learn how the 1.5 man team at Georgetown relies heavily on student-generated content and campus partners to produce regular streams of content for their channels.
- MIT’s annual flu-shot clinic helps keep students and employees healthy throughout the flu season. Our goal: immunize as many people as possible. This year, MIT shattered its previous one-day record shot record, jumping from 5,154 to 7,500. The event was the number one trending topic in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and they did it all with an advertising budget of less than $1,000.
- How the two-person social media team at Rowan University leveraged multi-channel communication to maximize yield and prevent melt on a shoestring budget.
- Learn how Regis College extends the life of their content by creating high-quality campaigns that can be sliced into smaller vignettes for unique content across their channels.