Develop. Implement. Oversee. Create. Collaborate. Coordinate. Educate. Listen. Respond. Pick a verb and attach social media to it. That's what I do. I loved being part of the team that brought St. Joseph's College into the social media world in 2009 and now I get to manage all of it. It has been fun and exciting to watch the social landscape change quickly since then.
Brian Wasson’s Session(s):
11:15 am–12:00 pm — Thursday, October 11, 2018
Panelists will share insights on:
- How to stay ahead and be prepared: Have a crisis playbook ready with holding statements
- How to continue to develop your playbook: add scenarios and new situations as they arrive
- How to incorporate social media into your emergency plan
- Having the right team in place and giving them the appropriate level of responsibility
- How to report insights and have a process in place for communicating with emergency officials
Case studies include:
- Learn how University of Houston made sure social had a seat at the table during the crisis of Hurricane Harvey, and how they leveraged social listening, brought in the right communicators and media reps to man channels and make sure all questions were answered.