Looking forward to this session? Share it!
One of the unique aspects of paid social media is that the platform knows who its audience is - they all have to log in to access it. As marketers, this gives us some superpowers when it comes to reaching our audience with exactly the right message at exactly the right time.
Join Steve Robinson as he works you through three techniques for targeting and retargeting that perfect audience. With hands-on labs, Steve will walk you through the basics - through advanced techniques for using your proprietary first-party data to drive massive engagement. We will use Meta as our platform in the labs, but most of these techniques apply to other social platforms as well.
You will learn:
- How to set up your pixels for maximum efficacy using Google Tag Manager
- A methodology for building "smart" retargeting audiences that go beyond just who viewed what product or page
- The best practices of CRM targeting and then how to take CRM targeting to the next level, to drive significantly higher match rates
- Techniques for retargeting off video views that scale beyond single videos
- How to best build campaigns inside of platforms to get the most of these audiences
NOTE: Please come with access to Google Tag Manager (if you don't have GTM, you can follow these instructions to create a container) and Meta (Facebook) Business Manager
TRAINING AGENDA & ACTIVITIES
Lecture: Paid social vs other paid media
Lecture: Basic retargeting using the pixel
Lab: set up your pixel in GTM
Lecture: Smarter retargeting using GTM and pixel parameters
Lab: set up pixel parameters
Lecture: Building smarter audiences
Lab: build a smart retargeting audience
Lecture: Retargeting off engagement - at scale
Lab: Set up your video retargeting spreadsheet
Lecture: CRM targeting best practices
Lecture: Advanced CRM targeting techniques
Lab: Set up external_id in your pixel code
Lecture: Best practices for using first-party audiences