SMSsummit Corporate — Live Virtual Conference
Wednesday, February 23, 2022
8:00 a.m.–8:15 a.m. Pacific Time
8:15 a.m.–9:00 a.m. Pacific Time
We could not have predicted what the last two years would bring both personally and professionally. Walmart constantly strives to be transparent with associates, customers and stakeholders – and in times of crisis, creating an authentic connection with our audiences is vital.
- Know your audience and objective
- Build upon foundational relationships
- Be transparent and take action
9:00 a.m.–9:45 a.m. Pacific Time
It’s no secret that Vitamix has been a well-loved brand for nearly a century, but how do you continue to build upon an existing community of passionate fans and brand advocates in today’s always changing social landscape? Alyssa Santoli, Sr. Manager of Relationships & Community, will walk you through how she and her team have elevated Vitamix’s social presence over the last year and give you a sneak peek into some of their plans for the future of community at the brand.
9:45 a.m.–10:00 a.m. Pacific Time
10:00 a.m.–10:45 a.m. Pacific Time
It’s never been more important to understand the impact of science, and over the past 2 years public interest has peaked in knowing more about their health. Yet the story can be complex, with many weaving plot lines, and it needs a true expert to narrate it.
In this session you’ll hear how the Pfizer digital content team turned to podcasting to reach new audiences, inviting the public to learn more about the stories behind the breakthroughs in an alternative format. With podcast listeners reaching new heights during the pandemic, the team took the opportunity to untangle the complexities of the industry through the voices of those closest to the action.
10:45 a.m.–11:30 a.m. Pacific Time
In this session, Adriana Kevill of Aletha Health will share different ways you can explore social media and integrate it into your marketing mix. She will explore multiple social channels (including Reddit) and provide punchy ideas on a variety of social media topics from advertising to diversity & inclusion. Don't miss the out-of-the-box ideas and small tweaks she's tested while at Aletha Health or while working with companies big and small previously. Join her to find out how these proven tactics can translate to your business - whether you are a B2B or a B2C brand.
- 'Sneaky' ways to optimize your social media marketing
- How to organize content and measure results
- Get a list of handy tools and productivity shortcuts
11:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Pacific Time
12:00 p.m.–12:45 p.m. Pacific Time
As the digital marketplace becomes increasingly complex the need for a cohesive paid, owned and earned strategy is essential to achieve most marketing goals. Outlining the benefits of each tactic, and specifically the benefit when used together, to your stakeholders could be the best bet for buy in when recommending a singular or multi-tiered approach. Being diligent with working and non-working dollars can help optimize your mix of paid and organic efforts. Additionally, careful planning on a regular cadence can help prioritize messaging and platforms. Starting with objectives and moving through process and execution we’ll discuss key factors for outlining your strategy.
12:45pm - 1:00pm Pacific Time
Online or offline, inbound or outbound, social media intelligence plays a pivotal role in helping marketers inspire, craft, and evaluate the content in the most optimal way to generate great ROI. But how can brands make themselves heard in an ever-growing wave of content from competitors, creators, and consumers?
- A step-by-step approach for building and matching your content strategy to your marketing funnel
- How to select the right KPIs to evaluate content performance
- 10 best practices for creating, promoting, and evaluating your content
1:00pm - 1:15pm Pacific Time
Social personalization has gone from a pipe dream to a necessity when it comes to how brands plan social media ad campaigns. Does it work across all social platforms? How can you build it into existing workflows without adding even more complexity to your process? What considerations do you need to factor in both for creative and delivery? When will personalization have the biggest impact on performance? Learn about the major challenges and opportunities for social personalization, and get concrete tips for what to do next.
1:15 p.m.–2:00 p.m. Pacific Time
In 2021 TikTok passed the 1 billion monthly active users milestone, making it one of the most-used and fastest-growing social media platforms ever — and an increasingly important channel for brands to incorporate into their social strategies.
In this session, you’ll learn how TurboTax has been tapping into TikTok since January 2020. Leveraging tactics including hashtag challenges, educational content, creator collaborations and paid amplification, TurboTax has been able to drive massive reach and high engagement — with plenty of key learnings along the way. This session will highlight lessons the TurboTax team has learned through its first two years on TikTok, while providing actionable insights and takeaways to help you tap into TikTok.
- A framework for creating a strategic platform strategy on TikTok
- Best practices for creating engaging content on TikTok
- Tips for collaborating with TikTok creators
2:00 p.m. Pacific Time
SMSsummit Corporate — Live Virtual Conference
Thursday, February 24, 2022
8:20 a.m.–8:30 a.m. Pacific Time
9:15 a.m.–9:30 a.m. Pacific Time
Marketers today are faced with ever-changing challenges when it comes to uncovering and targeting key audiences. MKR’s Chief Creative Officer Peter Kim will discuss these growing challenges and how marketers can overcome them to produce engaging creative that reaches their target audiences. Attendees of this presentation will walk away with actionable strategies for
- Targeting defined audiences for an effective creative strategy
- Marrying creative and customer experience strategies for high impact campaigns
- Developing a capacity for taking risks through data-driven testing modules.
9:30 a.m.–9:45 a.m. Pacific Time
9:45 a.m.–10:30 a.m. Pacific Time
Ever find yourself wondering if there was something more you could do to your content to increase its impact? As a writer you have learned to rely on your gut, and though that reliance has merit, that’s just the beginning. There’s also data – and it’s a real gift for those of us who are expected to create engaging campaigns and content day after day.
Mary Olivieri, EVP and Executive Creative Director of CBD Marketing, will share the secrets of leveraging data in all its forms to boost your content in order to meet your objectives and KPIs.
In this session, you'll learn how data plays a key role in copy development and get answers to:
- What are the best approaches for getting our audience to engage with our content?
- Which creative executions will be most effective and how do I go about determining that?
- How do I know if my content is hitting its mark?
- What difference does a single word make?
Plus, we’ll feature examples from Blue Diamond Almonds, Whirlpool Corporation and other leaders in their fields.
10:30 a.m.–11:15 a.m. Pacific Time
In a result-driven world, a strategy is only efficient if it is working just as hard for you as you are for it. Data fatigue is real, but it doesn’t have to overwhelm you. Finding KPIs that tell your brand’s impact in its community can elevate success and alleviate stress, making your social media efforts shine brighter.
In this session you will learn how to:
- Prioritize KPIs to make social media analytics work for you.
- Know what KPIs C-levels care about.
- Turn qualitative impact into quantitative results.
11:15 a.m.–11:45 a.m. Pacific Time
11:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Pacific Time
A brand identity is made up of what your brand says, what your values are, how you communicate your product, and what you want people to feel when they interact with your company.
Join NetBase Quid and Memphis Tourism to hear how utilizing social intelligence, Memphis Tourism has worked with their partners to define and refine their brand identity. In this session, you’ll learn:
- How to use data to drive your brand strategy decisions forward
- How to monitor trends to understand what is motivating brand perception
- How to avoid making assumptions when analyzing consumer conversations
1:15 p.m.–2:00 p.m. Pacific Time
- Three keys to breaking through social to build engaging experiences.
- Evaluating platforms to understand the role they should or shouldn’t play for your brand.
- From Zocdoc and Shopify to Bob Oates Plumbing and Supra Real Estate and many brands in between - Case studies of brands in low-interest categories that have developed unique social strategies to drive engagement.
2:00 p.m. Pacific Time
You have unlimited access to these talks — watch when and where you want!
Find and create the perfect social media audiences for your product, program or event. Use the sophisticated tools Facebook Business Manager has to offer to create Social Media Campaigns with Detailed Targeting on Facebook and Instagram. Build, grow and nurture your audiences. Increase conversions for your business.
→ After this session, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the difference between a "Boosted" post and a Facebook Business Manager created Ad.
- Know how to identify your audience
- Implement Detailed Targeting within Facebook Ads Manager
Takeaways for attendees:
- How to build a case for inclusive content by leveraging company values, census data and changing consumer psychographics
- How to balance accepting risk and protecting the brand
- How to build authentic connection
- How determine appropriate KPIs and benchmarks to test and measure progress
Creating a multi-channel social strategy can be a daunting task. There are so many considerations - should you develop channel prioritization? How can you ensure your brand’s message surfaces consistently, regardless of platform?
After this session you’ll have answers to those questions, and will be able to:
- Define how your messaging strategy will support business goals
- Build the buyer personas that will be the foundation of your messaging strategy
- Develop channel prioritization to share your brand message
We’re witnessing digital transformation at a speed we’ve never experienced before. Social media is often the first interaction that your customers have with your brand. In this session, you’ll learn tactics Cisco used to tackle merging 400+ social channels into 100 accounts, as well as how to take a more humanized approach to social media by developing an entirely new social personality. Whether you’re B2B or B2C, big or small, customers are talking to you on social media. How can you ensure you are consistently representing your brand?
After this session, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the importance of developing not only a brand personality, but also a social personality
- Listen to your customers’ needs and develop content around those needs
- Develop a process that ensures consistency between responding to trolls + cheerleaders